The teacher training at yogaview is about more than just teaching. While the success rate of motivated students becoming teachers through this course is exceptionally high, many take the training mainly to deepen the experience of yoga in their lives. The capacity to be a good teacher has a lot to do with understanding how to be a good listener and learner, as well as understanding the nature of yoga. The content of this course encourages open mindedness not only because of its focus on meditation, but because the traditional approaches to yoga asana and philosophy are not just presented, but investigated. One of the advantages of the training being led by multiple instructors is the exposure to various experiences and perspectives. Exploring the rich history of yoga in a realistic way and modern approaches to traditional ideas gives participants the opportunity to creatively uncover and sharpen their own ideas, which can then serve as a real foundation for sharing ones love of yoga with others.
To watch an informational video about the program click here: http://www.yogaview.com/teacher-training/
We will meet every Saturday and Sunday between September 22nd and December 9th except for the weekend of November 24-25th. In addition to the weekend class times, participants are required to attend a minimum of 2 classes a week at yogaview, and practice at least once a week on their own. Participants are also required to meditate by themselves or with the group for at least 1⁄2 hour a day, observe 3 classes during the course, and complete all required reading to receive the yogaview teacher training certificate. Graduates will be able to register with Yoga Alliance at the RYT-200 level.
A $500 deposit holds your place in the training and is non-refundable unless your application is not accepted. Full payment must be received one week before the beginning of the course, and no refunds will be given after that time. The cost of the course includes unlimited classes at both yogaview locations from September 22 - December 9, 2018, but does not include books. To pay with a credit card, please include a 3% service charge.
Requirements and Application
2 years of consistent yoga practice is required to enroll in the training. To apply, please send us a letter stating your intention for participation, and tell us how long and with whom you have been practicing yoga. Please also include a photograph of yourself with your letter of intent. These items can be emailed to Lisa@yogaview.com, or sent to the studio via mail.
The components of yogaview’s teacher training course include:
- Principals of alignment and sequencing
- Pranayama and bandhas
- Meditation–practice and exploration of the nature of mind
- Teaching Yoga
- The use of hands-on and verbal adjustments
- Class organization
- Finding your own voice
- Teaching practice
- An introduction to restorative practice, pre-natal yoga, and freedom style yoga
- How to teach privates
- Utilizing music and silence during class and practice
- The pitfalls and possibilities of making money in the modern yoga world
- Investigate Patanjali’s yoga sutras, Advaita Vedanta, Tantric philosophy, Buddhist teachings and those of modern illuminaries
- An introduction to Sanskrit words and chanting
Saturdays & Sundays | 12pm - 5pm
• Yoga Beyond Belief | Ganga White
• How to Meditate | Pema Chodren
• The Untethered Soul | Michael A Singer
• Light on Yoga | B.K.S. Iyengar
• The Key Muscle Of Yoga | Ray Long
• Tao Te Ching | Stephen Mitchell
For more information or with questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call 773-342-9642.